Tech Talk – Glossary of Terms
Depending on the application labels can be produced using a combination of base stock, adhesive and finish to achieve the result you want.
- Paper – The most cost effective and also recyclable
- Polypropylene – Hard wearing and highly durable
- Clear – Used to create a “labeless” look
- Blockout – Used to cover or block out incorrect or foreign language labels
- Silver Metalised – Attractive and eye-catching
- Direct Thermal – Ideal for shipping, food or healthcare product labels
- Sheeted – For over printing (eg. address labels)
- Permanent – Made to stay on
- Removable – Peel off as required
- Spot Varnish – For highlights that stand out
- Foil – To bring detail to life or add a touch of class
- Screen – Raised printing (suitable for Braille)
- Embossed – To give your labels real punch
- Click edit button to change this text.